Cape Town City. Salary – market related plus benefits
Based at our client’s Head Office in Cape Town, this position requires that you to find innovative ways to leverage the vast amount of data and information at your disposal to create customer strategies that drive up profit within constraints. Work within the Risk and Analytics department to enhance the company’s performance by providing information, analyses, reports and technical support.
- Responsible for developing and managing the SAS environment. Including
- Planning and design of new solutions to support the department’s reporting requirements, ongoing management, production support, monitoring, and accountability for those solutions
- Engage with business stakeholders and advise solutions for their business needs
- Understand and document current processes
- Compile/mine data from multiple business sources
- On-boarding new data sources and integrating into the existing SAS Viya environment
- Oversee external support vendor relationships
- BSC or similar degree is favourable
Experience / Knowledge:
- A certified SAS developer with around 5 years’ experience. Most of this experience should be with SAS 9.
- SQL/Oracle experience is an advantage
- Systems administration and/or IT operations background preferred
- Experience in managing CAS data
- Experience in optimising SAS 9 code to leverage CAS actions
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Awareness of ML Ops practices
- Model Ops (Correction from ML Ops) This refers to the seamless transitioning of models from the development stage into production.
- Awareness of CI/CD practices
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment This refers to the frequent integration and release of software into a production environment.
- To be noted that the above skills stand outside of SAS and is more aimed at the delivery of software into the organisation.
- Creative mind-set, proactive and a good teamwork player;
- A professional work ethic with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Ability to work within set timelines.
Should you qualify for this position, please submit your CV and kindly let me know what you are currently earning please?