Durban R35k. (Degree/Diploma in Electronic Engineering + 2 years’ design experience.)
Purpose of position: The position exists to specify, design, develop and commission Test Maintenance tools so that they meet all design standards and specifications, to analyse and improve currently deployed Test Systems within Manufacturing and provide technical assistance/mentoring to the maintenance team
Key Result areas:
The position encompasses the following major functions or key result areas:
• Test maintenance tools
• Test system replication and modification
• New system prototyping
• Calibration and repair of company instruments
• Routine and preventative test maintenance schedule
• Corporate contribution
• Degree or diploma in Electronic Engineering
• At least 2 years’ design experience
Requirements to competently deliver on this position
• Knowledge of pre-payment and revenue management products
• Knowledge firmware software and hardware development
• Knowledge of basic mechanics, pneumatic valves and control
• Knowledge of various programming languages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Negotiation and networking skills
• Professional approach
• Commitment to customer service
• High level of integrity and confidentiality
• Able to work under pressure
Test Maintenance Tools
• Liaise with test design engineers and other disciplines to generate the test
Maintenance Test Tools specification (Software and Hardware).
• Ensure that all aspects of the development Code of Practice is understood and adhered
to during Test System design.
• Host and attend TFMCA’s, DFMEA’s and PFMEA’s .
• Ensure the quality of designs through the use of worst case calculations,
test system failure mode analyses, simulations, and testing, giving
consideration to all aspects relevant to the design.
• Ensure the Test Maintenance Tools are reliable, stable and repeatable
• Provide training on Test Maintenance Tools to maintenance team
• Ensure all Test Maintenance Tools are delivered within expectations,
including time and costs
• Ensure that issues impacting delivery expectations are highlighted and fed
back as early as possible to Test Design Engineers/Test Engineering Manager
• Responsible for sourcing and procurement of all components.
• Specify and oversee production of all mechanical requirements for the
test Maintenance Tools
Test system replication and modification
• Utilise associated data packs to replicate existing test systems, and
correct incomplete data pack.
• Ensure that all aspects of the development Code of Practice is understood
and adhered to.
• Responsible for sourcing and procurement of all Test System components
• Oversee all manufacturing of, and implementation of mechanical components.
New system prototyping
• Build prototypes as per specification outlined by test design engineers
• Procure components required for building prototypes
• Specify and oversee production of all mechanical requirements to produce
Calibration and repair of company instruments
• Scheduling and execution of routine equipment calibration
• Update and maintain calibration records/certificates
• Obtaining quotations for calibration/repair of instruments
• Managing repair of faulty instruments
• Management of asset list
• Constructively participate as a member of the wider company team
• Undertake any other tasks or one-off projects which may be assigned from
time to time
• Ensure protection of the company’s commercial interests always and in all
• Take all practicable steps to ensure personal safety and the safety of
others as a matter of priority
• Demonstrate professional skill and a high standard of fairness and
• Analytical thinking
• Client focus
• Personal development
• Planning and organising
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
Should you not hear from us withing two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
|Job Category||IT, Technician|