Durban. R55k. Experience in manufacturing and working experience within the electronic environment needed.
Purpose of position: The position exists to research, architect, design, develop, test and document quality enterprise-wide business applications and sub-systems from specification to full release that meet both internal and external customer expectations, to mentor junior developers and to ensuring that all the latest technologies and best practices are adopted.
• Ensure all project delivery expectations, including time and costs, are
met as per the Project Manager’s expectations.
• Ensure that issues impacting delivery expectations are highlighted and fed
back to the Project Manager as early as possible in order that the impact
• Design and implementation of test harnesses to assist in design
• Ensure that all aspects of the development Code of Practice is understood
and adhered to.
• Host and attend engineering design reviews, code walkthroughs, scrum
• Review project requirements and ensure all requirements are clearly
defined and understood.
• Generate software specifications as per project requirements.
• Ensure the quality of designs using peer reviews, worst case calculations,
simulations, and testing, considering all aspects relevant to the design.
• Software design to meet the requirements of both internal and external
• Architectural design, functional design, software coding, integration and
testing as per predefined specification and project requirements
Qualifications and Exp.
• Degree or diploma in software engineering
• Microsoft developer certification is advantageous
• At least 5 years’ experience analysing, designing and developing N-tier
custom software applications in a medium-
sized enterprise environment
• Experience as a senior software developer/technical lead
• Experience in developing software solutions using various programming
• Drivers licence
• Ensure that all released software is according the customer expectations
as defined in the requirements specification.
• Identify all issues and risks and develop plans to mitigate such issues
• Ensure that all released software is of a level of quality that does not
compromise Validation and Deployment delivery expectations.
• Ensure software quality through unit testing, functional testing, sub-
assembly testing, and final application testing in accordance with
• Ensure that the solution is validated on all hardware and software
platforms as per project
• Generate supporting documentation to assist the infrastructure team to
deploy and support the solution.
• Perform a full analysis of current products including performance and
design methodologies to ensure that the implementation of new
not degrade the system
What would be expected of this role:
• Knowledge of full lifecycle development on medium to large projects
• Knowledge of database development including relational database design,
SQL and object relational mapping
• Knowledge of user interface design and prototyping
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies e.g. scrum
• Able to develop web services in an SOA architecture
• Able to use Windows services and Microsoft Message Queuing
• Able to design patters, refactor and complete unit testing
• Able to use best practices and procedures related to custom software
development and the software
• Able to secure and optimise applications
• Able to manage source control
• Understanding of good application design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Negotiation and networking skills
• Professional approach
• Commitment to customer service
• High level of integrity and confidentiality
• Able to work under pressure
• Analytical thinking
• Client focus
• Personal development
• Planning and organising
• Provide problem solving and technical support to relevant departments.
• Interface with customers and suppliers to define/resolve specification(s)
issues and recommend solutions where required.
• Interface with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or
potential engineering projects, product, specifications etc.
• Provide engineering training to both internal and external customers.
• Constructively participate as a member of the wider company team
• Undertake any other tasks or one-off projects which may be assigned from
time to time
• Ensure protection of the company’s commercial interests always and in all
• Take all practicable steps to ensure personal safety and the safety of
others as a matter of priority
• Demonstrate professional skill and a high standard of fairness and
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
Should you not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.