Northern Suburbs. Market related. No med aid/prov fund. But Risk benefits
Our client has created a new role to establish a People Support function under the guidance and direction of the Executive Committee in support of the strategic objectives of the business. Responsibilities include the day-to-day support of employees, management and exco on people management matters, the design and maintenance of compliant people management policies and practices to ensure a healthy and productive working environment for all employees, and the facilitation of a culture of growth and performance.
- Honours Degree in Human Resource Management/Industrial Psychology from a recognised tertiary institute
- 10 years’ experience in a HR generalist role working in the financial services and/or lending industry
- Start-up business experience highly advantageous
- Solid experience in payroll management, and the design and administration of compliant HR policies and practices
- Preference will be given to candidates from a previously disadvantaged background
Key Performance Areas
Strategic People Management Support
- Define and drive an integrated people management approach and strategy in collaboration with the Exco team
- Advise Exco on strategic and operational people management matters
People Management Policies and Practices
- Design, benchmark and maintain legally compliant people management policies and practices, aligned with organisational needs and culture
- Monitor, educate and advise management and employees on the application of policies and practices
Talent Sourcing and Acquisition
- Design and maintain talent acquisition and selection best practices to attract the best talent
- Manage and coordinate talent acquisition, selection and appointment processes
- Manage and maintain talent acquisition channels and platforms, including LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Conduct on-boarding of new employees
Talent Development and Retention
- Define and build organisational capability required for business performance and achievement of future strategic objectives
- Design and maintain career paths and talent pipelines
- Implement and monitor agile learning and development practices and interventions that meet the changing commercial, cultural and social needs of the business
- Support employees with learning and development counselling and advice
- Design, implement and maintain performance management processes and practices to improve organisational and individual performance.
- Support and advise Exco on appropriate organisation design and structure to deliver on operational and strategic objectives
- Support Exco to define and embed a unique organisation culture and employer brand, driving employee attraction, engagement, and retention
- Design and maintain internal communication practices to ensure an informed workforce and facilitate commitment from employees and managers.
Reward and remuneration practices and procedures
- Benchmark reward and remuneration approach and practices against industry trends
- Design, implement and maintain a remuneration strategy and competitive remuneration and reward practices to ensure the effective attraction, retention, and motivation of employees.
Payroll and Administration
- Complete monthly payroll and administer all HR compliance documentation accurately and within deadlines as per regulatory requirements
- Administration of all HR processes and documentation, including leave, employee benefits and other relevant HR matters
- Manage HR Budget
- Prepare and present monthly and annual reports and analyse trends to inform people management decisions.
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
|Job Category||HR, People Support Manager|