Northern Suburbs. Market related. No Medical Aid or Prov. Fund but Risk Benefits included.
Purpose of position:
Our client is a financial services company providing financing to SME’s using sophisticated technology platforms and analytical models. The Head of Credit is responsible for the credit management of the business, with the unique challenge of combining predictive models and scorecards together with the financial analysis of a business to create automated decision solutions and manage the full credit lifecycle of the customer base. The role is a hands-on role, with the expectation that the person in the role has strong analytical and financial knowledge and can function at a detail or a strategic level, depending on the requirement at the time. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Mathematics/Statistics or related disciplines from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Honours Degree in related discipline will be advantageous.
- 10 Years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced credit role for B2B
- Lending of which 3 should be in a senior management position.
- Credit granting policies and ongoing update and enhancement of Credit Policy: credit policies related to scorecards, score bands, bureau and operational filters, product parameters, affordability calculations, fraud etc.
- Loan portfolio analytics: Monitor the loan book per vintage and overall to identify issues or opportunities and to take remedial action to improve policies and processes.
- Monitor Macro Economic and Industry specific trends to improve policies and credit granting processes.
- Reporting and feedback: Monthly preparation of risk pack and feedback to the Credit Committee.
- Provisioning: Guide provisioning discussions under IFRS9.
- Continuously monitor provisioning leavers as early warning indicators of possible changes in provisioning.
- Contribute as a reviewer of high value loans according to the credit scorecard and credit policies.
- Line management of Credit/Data Analysts that services other areas
- Take ownership of own work by delivering high quality work on time
- Show initiative and be pro-active in finding opportunities to improve business processes.
- Take ownership of own career development by continuously improving skills, knowledge, and the application thereof in designing and implementing solutions.
- Positive engagement in team activities and actively contribute ideas
- Upskill and train business users and colleagues as required to ensure overall stability of the environment.
- Be a thought leader in the credit granting process and pro-actively drive the strategy within the business.
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders are involved in projects and that they are informed of progress and issues and build relationship with other leads in the organization.
- Ensure adherence to SOP’s
- Provide visible and clear leadership to the Credit/Data analysts
- Promoting a culture of high performance and customer focus
- Mentor direct reports to cultivate both soft and hard skills
- Maintain a department organizational structure and capacity (knowledge and skill) to deliver on business requirements.
- Reward and recognise behaviour that supports the business culture.
- Implement the performance management policy and procedures (inclusive of maintaining discipline in accordance with policy and procedures
- Strong project management – planning, organisational & time management skills
- Secured/Unsecured SME and/or large Business credit granting.
- Credit Risk principles and practices
- Provisioning under IFRS9 best practice
- Data analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Clear communication of complex information
- Detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline driven (sense of urgency)
- Problem solving ability
- Resourceful and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a team and support business units
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment and grab opportunities
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
|Job Category||Credit Risk, Financial, Loans|