Consultants: Data Science, Analytics and Modelling (1xSenior and 1x Intermediate)
As a Data Scientist in this team, you’ll be joining a world class group of Data Scientists, Statisticians and Mathematicians on a mission to derive actionable insights from data.
Reporting to the Manager: Data Science and Analytics, your focus will be on developing credit risk, fraud and customer solutions through consulting engagements and research, serving the Company’s clients across Financial Services, Telecommunications and Insurance Industries.
(In accordance with our client’s Employment Equity Plan preference will be given to AA/EE candidates)
Your Work Environment
- You’ll be working in an culture that encourages collaboration and innovation on a global scale; where you will consistently explore new technologies and tools to remain on the forefront of analytical innovation.
- You’ll have exposure to best in class analytical platforms with proprietary analytical tools, shared services and a hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
- The technical infrastructure is one which offers you workplace flexibility in a post-COVID-19 world.
- You will be encouraged to hone your current skills, build new capabilities and discover your genius.
- This position affords you the opportunity to work from home.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners both locally and internationally to drive the design and development of analytical products and solutions.
- You’ll lead, provide guidance and contribute subject matter expertise in projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis – leveraging a variety of advanced tools and techniques.
- You’ll deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You’ll foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the Company’s brand.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Honors, Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence.
- At least 4 years of professional experience with analytic projects in Financial Services, Telecommunications, Insurance or related industries.
- Multiple examples of demonstrated success in internal and external client-facing analytical roles over a period of at least three 3 years.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong presentation skills with comfort presenting to multiple levels within the organisation.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Mastery of a statistical programming languages such as R, and SAS; proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Ability to operate with little supervision in a complex, dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively.
- An understanding of current industry challenges and trends at the level needed to proactively identify customers’ analytical needs as well as related business opportunities.
- Proven track record and ability to mentor and supervise junior resources on a project assignment basis.
- Experience using other statistical programming languages such as Python, SQL and Hive advantageous
- Experience and familiarity with analytical consulting advantageous.
- Experience working with credit bureau data and solutions advantageous.
Remuneration: Market Related
|Job Category||Data Analyst|