Northern Suburbs. Market related. No med aid/Prov fund. But Risk Benefits
Be part of an exciting fin-tech company that is growing rapidly to keep up with the financing requirements of the SME market.
Globally, technology is transforming the lending industry and changing the way business owners access finance through the introduction of smarter and faster lending solutions.
This business has assisted the SME industry since 2016, making a difference to many SME businesses. Be part of a fast-paced business where business loans up to R3m are approved and paid out within 72 hours.
You will work “hands-on” within a close-knit team that is responsible for the origination of prospective business loan applications and to provide customer service throughout the loan origination journey.
This is an incredible opportunity for a CA(SA) (but not your standard accountant) looking to work in a growing fintech business and specifically in credit.
This role is focused on the credit function from origination to approval and monitoring, and relies on strong financial, credit and analytical ability to help make funding decisions. You will combine your qualification and very strong commercial awareness, with the ability to liaise and deal with clients and stakeholders at all levels.
Reporting to the Executive: Operations and People Support, this role will play a crucial function in assisting with the advancement of the Operations team, which includes training.
The ideal candidate is energetic & hard-working, possesses strong relationship building and development skills, the ability to communicate financial concepts in simplistic terminology, analytical skills, good time management skills, good planning and organisational skills and strong admin skills.
Qualifications and skill sets:
- Finance/business degree.
- Qualified CA with 1-2 years of experience
- Experience in the credit industry
- Familiarity with loan administration, accounting and banking applications/software is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of lending products and practices.
- Solid understanding of the credit life cycle (up to and including collections).
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Must have a passion for training and mentoring of team members.
- Strong analytical skills (data analyses).
- Very strong numerical ability.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Excellent excel skills (pivots, lookups).
- Attention to detail.
- Influencing skills.
- Planning, organisational & time management.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organized with the ability to effectively multi-task and calmly handle diverse workloads while maintaining a positive customer-focused attitude.
- Deadline driven (sense of urgency) at all times.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment.
- Resourceful and the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work in a team and support sub-teams.
- Overseeing and approving of loan applications – taking into consideration the balance between credit risk and growth and understanding the factors that are driving both.
- Continued evaluation of the origination and lending process to identify areas of advancement in service delivery, client experience and to maintain high levels of efficiency. Identify and develop process improvements, both user and system driven.
- Finding ways to enhance the application approval process, resulting in faster and efficient funding within our SLA.
- Strategic thinking on continuous improvement of scorecard preparation and reviews.
- Assisting the COO and Head of Legal with the review of loan applications once disbursed which have defaulted in terms of potential credit risk.
- Reviewing the credit decisions made by the reviewer team and making recommendations to Legal and Credit in terms of enhancing credit decisions.
- Support and mentor Loan Analysts – Providing assistance and guidance to Analysts, especially understanding the AFS, management accounts and SARS liabilities of high value applications.
- Monthly quality review of applications and reporting to the Credit Committee.
- Providing support to the Executive: Operations and People Support in managing the workflow, cashflow and disbursements when she is not in office.
- Providing support to other Operations Supervisors when they are not in office.
- Supervision and ensuring compliance to processes and performance of duties.
- Any other ad-hoc projects required to assist the team.
Onboarding of new reviewers
- Preparation and maintenance of the training induction programme for new reviewers.
- Onboarding and training and support for new reviewers and ensuring that the process is well documented and structured.
- Regular catch-up meetings with reviewers undergoing training to ensure the onboarding process is being followed and to identify if there is a need for additional training before training sign-off.
- Ensuring the training manual for new reviewers is always up to date.
- Facilitating the monthly reviewers’ workshops – connecting the Analyst team with the reviewers and giving up down feedback and guidance and to ensure that there is conformance to standards.
- Regular catch-up meetings with the Analyst team to determine training needs geared especially towards the understanding of financial statements and management accounts.
- Continuous finance training |upskilling of team members, new and existing.
- Collaborate with various departments/individuals to assist with preparation and delivery of said training where applicable.
- Administrative functions related to training such as training registers, updating of training manuals.
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
|Job Category||Finance, Financial, Loans|