Northern Suburbs. Market related Salary. No Med Aid/Prov Fund. Only Risk benefits
|Purpose||An opportunity has become available in a fast-growing Fintech company. The role will create business value by applying data engineering, BI, and data management disciplines to design and build data solutions that enable data driven decisions and optimised business processes. Manage the data and BI space.
|Min Experience||8+ years in a technical data role, preferably in a formal data, data warehouse or business intelligence environment, building data pipelines, managing servers, and delivering reporting and analytics solutions.
|Min Qualification||Formal 3-year qualification in Information Technology / Mathematics / Engineering / Actuarial Science or related discipline from a recognised Tertiary institution. Microsoft certification beneficial.
|Functional Responsibilities||· Work with source system owners and analysts to understand source data, e.g. data profiling, definition, and mapping.
· Design, implement and monitor efficient data loads and pipelines, using best practice ETL and ELT techniques.
· Work with business owners, data analysts, and business analysts to design and implement effective and efficient data models using appropriate modelling techniques.
· Design and implement appropriate aggregation data structures that enhance usability of data, e.g. multi-dimensional OLAP structures, summary tables etc.
· Design and implement data models that support automated decision making and/or further analytics, data science, and machine learning.
· Provide technical and data related support to source system teams and external parties with whom we exchange data.
· Work with business owners and analysts to translate business needs into technical specifications to design, build, and deploy business reports
· Maintain Integrity, Performance and Back-up of database
· Support System Development with SQL integration
· Take charge of the data environment and work with the business to chart its future
|Leadership Responsibilities||Personal and functional leadership
· Take ownership of own work by delivering high quality work on time.
· Show initiative and be pro-active in improving data and/or processes.
· Take ownership of own career development by continuously improving skills, knowledge, and the application thereof in technical solutions.
· Positive engagement in team activities and actively contribute ideas to improve team dynamics and performance.
· Manage one or more direct reports.
· Multiple stakeholder management (internal and external).
· Assist development of others, e.g., mentoring and knowledge share.
· Quality control of other’s work, e.g., analysts or junior staff.
|Technical / Business Competencies||· Advanced T-SQL (triggers, views, functions, stored procedures, table compression, window functions, CTE’s, dynamic SQL etc.).
· Advanced Excel (VBA experience highly advantageous).
· Data analysis.
· Data visualisation.
· Data modelling (normalisation, de-normalisation, star schemas, snowflakes, SCD’s, anchor modelling etc.).
· Business process monitoring and optimising.
· Decision support principles & best practices.
· Data warehousing (Kimball).
· Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, Power BI – including on premises gateway).
· Coding or scripting experience highly desirable (VBA, Python, C#).
· Source control (GIT for VS used in environment).
· Basic DBA experience (restoring backups, checking job failures, monitoring server performance, killing blockers, updates etc.)
· Basic understanding of computer networks (ping, tracert, firewalls, VPN’s, etc.).
· Basic understanding of APIs.
· Exposure to Active Directory and general server and security management (e.g. creating service accounts).
· Familiarity with command prompt.
· Familiarity with Confluence and JIRA for documenting and ticketing.
· Familiarity with querying XML or JSON in SQL Server.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Azure or other cloud products (Azure AD Connect, potential for future cloud projects).
· Familiarity with Grafana beneficial (alerting and dashboards).
· Familiarity with data privacy concepts (POPIA, GDPR, etc.) beneficial.
|Behavioural Competencies||· Good business acumen.
· Information gathering and problem and data analysis.
· Creating and innovating.
· Quality and detail orientated.
· Planning and organising.
· Presenting and communicating information.
· Adapting and responding to change.
· Comfortable working in a small team environment as well as independently.
· Able to research solutions and read code to solve problems with minimal guidance.
· Comfortable engaging with external third-party providers to deliver solutions.
· Calm under pressure.
· Follows company prescribed coding standards.
· Engages in self-study and writes certifications from time-to-time to stay up to date with the latest technologies.
Please submit your CV with photo as a Word Document and kindly let me know what you are/were earning please?
|Job Category||BI and Data Engineering Team Lead, Finance, Information Technology, IT|